Resurrection Lutheran Church is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of England.
- Supporting congregations, their pastors and all Christians in spreading the Gospel, maintaining and renewing the Christian faith and life
- Creating and maintaining the administrative structures and processes within which her congregations, led by their pastors and office holders, live and work in the Lutheran faith, teaching and confession; and directing the joint work of home and overseas missions of the congregations
- Ensuring that the preaching, teaching and practice of the Church and all its parts are in conformity with the confession of the Church.
- Cultivating and maintaining uniformity in worship, ecclesiastical practice and customs
- The examining, colloquising and ordaining of pastors
- The training of pastors and office holders
- The gathering together of pastors and congregations, fostering their interaction and co-operation
- Publishing and distributing materials that are in harmony with the confession of the Church and promote the other objects of the Church.
- Conflict resolution, investigation of allegations of abuse and negligence, and the maintenance of discipline
- Representing the congregations in inter-church relations
- Representing the congregations of the Church to external bodies (both ecclesiastical and secular)
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of England accepts without reservation the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the written Word of God and the only absolute rule and norm of faith and practice.
The Church accepts and acknowledges without reservation as a true and binding statement and exposition of the holy Scriptures and as its own confession the Symbolical books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, namely: The Apostles’ Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Athanasian Creed, The Unaltered Augsburg Confession, The Apology of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession, The Smalcald Articles, The Treatise on the Power and Primacy of the Pope, The Small Catechism, The Large Catechism and the Formula of Concord.
- 5 Daily Offices, Daily Devotions, Bible studies and sermons
- Bible readings and reflections to brighten up your day with the comforting Good News of Christ
- The Lutheran Confessions brought to you in everyday language
- Documentaries and talk-shows examining pressing issues for the Church today and providing straight answers to life's most debated questions
- News rounds reporting what happens within and around Christendom
- Exquisite traditional and contemporary Christian music